NNDKP was at the 2018 Edition of the Balkan Legal Forum in Vienna
Balkan Legal Forum took place between 14-15 June 2018. The 10th edition of the event was organized by the International Bar Association (IBA) at Park Hyatt, Vienna, Austria.
The Balkan Legal Forum is a premier legal conference in Eastern Europe and an extraordinary networking event that usually attracts over 200 participants from over 33 countries. Most prominent leaders and strategic thinkers in the legal profession attended the conference and they tackled one of the hottest topics in the law area: The Future of Law: Technology and Legal Services in South East Europe 2018 – 2028.
The debates focused on the following topics:
• Technology and clients’ expectations
• Artificial intelligence and ‘the law of the future’
• GDPR and other elements of personal data protection
• The legal needs of different industry sectors
• Leading change: the critical management skill of 2020s
• Law firms: evolution or extinction?
• “Natural intelligence” in tomorrow’s law firms
• Building sustainable profitability in an unpredictable business environment.
From NNDKP, Partner Cosmina Simion was invited as a speaker in one of the panels: “Difficult issues for lawyers and clients in the 2020s as a result of technological change”. Cosmina was joined in the panel by Dan Cocker, Allen & Overy, Warsaw and Gernot Fritz, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Vienna.
If you need more information on the Balkan Legal Forum, please visit www.balkanlegalforum.org.