Act for Ethics – NNDKP’s Ethics Officer – a legal & tax hub dedicated to business ethics and compliance
Compliance aspects have an increasingly significant impact, in terms of magnitude and intensity, on the lives of companies, at global level. Beyond their desire to voluntarily mitigate legal, fiscal and operational risks, or the obligation to implement relevant legislative changes applicable to them, ensuring compliance has become a central concern for companies, requiring dedicated budgets, programs and resources.
Act for Ethics is a space for information and debate currently addressing corporate governance, employment law, data protection aspects to be considered for the purpose of ensuring compliance with the legal provisions concerning whistleblowers.
Check regularly for updates.
Together we will find the most suitable solutions for moving forward!
NNDKP’s ARTICLES AND EVENTS TAKEWAYS
- (23. 09.2021) The Atmosphere Surrounding Whistleblowing in Romania ahead of the local transposition of the EU Whistleblower Protection Directive, an interview with Adriana I. Gaspar – published on the WhistleB blog, within the WhistleB Partnership Programme section.
- (16.06.2021) ZF Live – Interview with Adriana I. Gaspar on the topic ”What are whistleblowers and how should companies prepare for the changes to brought to the Whistleblowing legislation?”
- (upcoming) 30.09.2021 – New legal obligations for companies: Whistleblowers’ Directive – compliance, implementation, impact, a webinar by NNDKP and avocatnet.ro
Three months before the entry into force of the law implementing the EU Whistleblowers’ Directive, companies are expected to be making the final preparations for implementing the new compliance requirements.
George Trandafir, Senior Associate in our Corporate/M&A practice, was a speaker at the online debate “Whistleblower. The honesty feedback loop”. The event is organized by Juridice.ro and will take place on September 20, 2021.
Details of the topics covered by George during the debate are available here.
- 13. 07.2021 – Decoding and systematizing the obligations of employers: Essential Legal and Tech requirements to ensure compliance with the Whistleblowing Legislation, a webinar by NNDKP
By December 17th 2021, Romania must complete the process of transposing into national law the Directive for the protection of persons who report breaches of Union law (the “Whistleblowers’ Directive). Similarly to other countries, Romania intends to expand the protective measures significantly beyond the requirements of the directive.
In this context, NNDKP organized a webinar during which our lawyers discussed the rigors that companies/the private business sector/employers in general must comply with, as soon as the law transposing the Directive enters into force.
Pre-webinar details on the agenda and the speakers are available here.
The recording of the webinar is available here.
PUBLIC AUTHORITIES OFFICIAL DECISIONS (Romanian only)
- Romanian authorities have recently started the transposition process for Directive (EU) 2019/1937 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of persons who report breaches of Union law (the “Whistleblowers’ Directive“). The transposition bill (for which the review process has closed) is projected to become law in December 2021. The bill is available here.
- Directive (EU) 2019/1937 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of persons who report breaches of Union law (the “Whistleblowers’ Directive) is available here.
WHISTLEBLOWING TECH SUPPORT
NNDKP may facilitate the access to the technical solution for reporting concerns developed by WhistleB, a leading whistleblowing software provider and business ethics & compliance expert.
WhistleB is a Swedish company that was founded in 2011 – today the company is part of NAVEX Global Group, the worldwide leader in integrated risk and compliance management software and services. WhistleB’s whistleblowing system has been used in over 160 countries, including in Romania, by private companies, as well as public authorities.
More information on WhistleB is available here.