The financial sector has come under increased scrutiny over the last few years, especially as the world economy continues to explore alternatives to overcome the effects of the most recent financial crisis and mitigate its rippling effects. With myriads of businesses pleading for innovative solutions to turn strategic or operational challenges brought by the crisis into opportunities, the need to quickly adapt legal offering to the new conditions is of essence, too.
Against the background of these fast-shifting economic conditions, our team offers direct insights into the complexities of the financial markets and extensive practical experience that meets the diverse legal needs of the financial institutions.
We offer a multidisciplinary approach to the transactions we are entrusted with, working together with lawyers and counselor from across our firm’s practices, as well as our litigation practitioners and tax consultants, to deliver solution-focused advice, ensuring that every deal gets done in the best interest of our clients.
Our resourceful lawyers draw on their deep knowledge of the financial sector, constantly advising on landmark deals, either domestic or cross-border, and providing comprehensive and integrated advice on structuring new financial products to be offered on the Romanian market, guiding clients on how to minimize risks and achieve their business goals.
Our clients include:
- credit institutions
- investment banks
- investment firms
- asset management firms
- private equity funds
- payment services providers and market infrastructure providers
- non-banking financial institutions
We constantly advise on:
- banking regulatory and compliance
- payment services and other financial services regulatory advice, structuring and implementation
- mergers and acquisitions
- restructuring and trading of non-performing loans
- bank lending, other financing and capital raising
- corporate governance
- assistance in designing template documents used for corporate and retail customers
- investigations and disputes
- debt restructuring and insolvency
- debt and equity capital markets
For further details on our Firm’s Insurance related expertise, please refer to the relevant section.