NNDKP joins the debate on „Cybersecurity Resilience” at CIO Council Romania Virtual Summit 2021
Roxana Ionescu, Partner and Head of NNDKP’s Data Protection practice, was a speaker at CIO Council Romania Virtual Summit 2021, an online event organized by CIO Council and Revista Cariere on September 21-23, 2021.
On 22 September, Roxana participated in the debates dedicated to ”Cybersecurity Resilience”, in the panel “Is everything broken in security?”, scheduled to start at 16:20 (Romanian time).
Roxana addressed relevant topics such as:
- The legislative framework in the cybersecurity field
- The NIS Directive
- GDPR aspects in practice, in the context of notifying security incidents caused by cyber attacks
- Technical instruments used to address cybersecurity needs and their contribution to the effort to ensure GDPR compliance
Here are some key takeaways from Roxana’s intervention:
- the implementation of NIS 1 is still a work in progress in Romania, but some progress has been achieved in the last year, including with the adoption of the minimum security requirements for operators of essential services and the rules for certifying auditors
- the impact of the proposed 2nd NIS Directive may be significant, especially considering the extension of the scope of application to new sectors and subsectors
- GDPR enforcement on personal data breaches has been consistent over the last 12 months, with the data protection authority giving attention to effective measures taken to prevent and manage data breaches, including the adoption of policies, business contingency plans, disaster recovery and performance of trainings and audits
- no fines have been applied to date under NIS 1, but the wait may be over soon.
More details about the event are available here.
CIO Council Romania is a non-for-profit association that represents the community of CIOs and IT Executives from Romania.
Revista Cariere is a Romanian leadership journal.
NNDKP is a traditional partner of the CIO Council Romania Summit, as part of our commitment to support initiatives that propose to the Romanian business community informative events that combine technical and practical aspects.