NNDKP at the “Whistleblower. The honesty feedback loop” debate by Juridice.ro
Three months before the entry into force of the law implementing the EU Whistleblowers’ Directive, companies are expected to be making the final preparations for implementing the new compliance requirements.
George Trandafir, Senior Associate in our Corporate/M&A practice, was one of the speakers at the online debate “Whistleblower. The honesty feedback loop” organized by Juridice.ro on September 20, 2021.
During the debate, George covered topics such as:
- Whistleblowers – an artificial topic, a necessity for business ethics or the formalization at the legislative level of good practices in the field of compliance?
- Is the current legal framework adequate and sufficient by reference to the objectives of the directive and the experience of other legal systems? What could be done better? Harassment of companies.
- How prepared are Romanian companies for the application of the legislation? Are the existing internal reporting mechanisms sufficient? What minimum adjustments should be made?
- Is the minimum approach the right solution for complying with the requirements of the new legislation?
- The first practical difficulties after operationalization (for companies and whistleblowers).
More details about the event are available (in Romanian) here.
In July 2021, NNDKP launched Act for Ethics, a hub dedicated to the legal and fiscal aspects concerning business ethics and compliance. You can access the hub HERE.