Tax Flash No. 3/2020 – Various fiscal-budgetary measures were taken in order to support the economy and companies affected by the spread of the COVID-19 virus
Emergency Ordinance 29/2020 regarding certain fiscal-budgetary measures was published in the Official Gazette 230/2020
- Taxpayers applying the annual payment and reporting system for corporate income tax, with quarterly prepayments, can make quarterly advance payments for 2020 at the amount resulting from current quarterly corporate income tax calculation. The calculation method is maintained for all quarters of fiscal year 2020. The same principle applies also for taxpayers with a modified fiscal year.
- This year’s (2020) first payment deadline for the building tax, the land tax, and the transport means tax is extended from March 31, 2020 to June 30, 2020 with the deadlines regarding the bonus for full payment also being extended accordingly.
Fiscal Procedure Code
- Tax obligations due starting with the date of coming into force of the Emergency Ordinance and unsettled until 30 days after the state of emergency ends, will not be considered outstanding tax obligations and no late payment interest and penalties will be calculated and owed in this respect.
- The measures for forced execution by seizure with the exception of the enforced executions that are applied for the recovery of the budgetary debts established by judicial decisions pronounced in criminal matters are suspended or will not start, from de date of the Emergency Ordinance’s entry into force until 30 days after the date of termination of the state of emergency.
THE AMENDMENT OF ORDINANCE 6/2019 REGARDING THE ESTABLISHMENT OF CERTAIN FISCAL FACILITIES
- The deadline for submitting the notification regarding the restructuring intention is extended until July 31, 2020.
- The deadline for submitting the restructuring request is extended until October 30, 2020.
EMERGENCY ORDINANCE NO. 110/2017 REGARDING THE PROGRAM FOR THE RESTORATION OF SMALL AND MEDIUM-SIZED ENTERPRISES
- The maximum value of the financing guaranteed by the state is increased to 10,000,000 lei and will be granted for one or more credits for investments and / or one or more credits for working capital.
SMALL AND MEDIUM-SIZED ENTERPRISES
- During the state of emergency, the small and medium-sized enterprises holding the emergency situation certificate, issued by the Ministry of Economy, Energy and Business Environment, benefit from the deferred payment for utilities – electricity, natural gas, water, telephone and internet services as well as deferral of payment of the rent for the building for social headquarters and secondary offices.
Law no. 129/2019 for the prevention and combating of money laundering and terrorist financing, as well as for the amendment and completion of certain normative acts
- The deadline for submitting the statement regarding the real beneficiary is extended by 3 months from the termination of the state of emergency, and during the state of emergency, the submission of the statement is suspended.
The Romanian version of this newsletter is available here.