One of the founding partners of NNDKP and its Co-Managing Partner, Ion Nestor has coordinated some of the most complex cross-border transactions in Romania, as well as major legislative projects. Mr. Nestor is unanimously praised for his expertise in dealing with governmental projects and continues to bring invaluable experience to the firm’s activity, providing a standard of professionalism that fits its discerning client base. His practice focuses on:
- complex cross-border transactions and financing
- private and public investments
Prior to founding the law firm, Mr. Nestor served as Legal Counsel to the Romanian Consulting Institute Romconsult and as Legal Researcher with the Institute of Legal Research of the Romanian Academy in Bucharest.
Representative Cases and Transactions
- lead counsel in the privatization of the largest State Owned Bank, a 3.75 billion EUR transaction – 2 stages
- advisor to the Romanian Government in the privatization of the National Telecom Company, transaction of a value of 675 million EUR
- lead counsel in the project of acquisition of shares in the largest State Owned Gas Distribution Company in a transaction exceeding 310 million EUR
- lead counsel with respect to the privatization of the four Electricity Distribution Companies
- advice to the world’s premiere construction materials group in its acquisition and subsequent restructuring of the largest State-owned cement manufacturer
- advice to an international consortium in the acquisition of a Romanian bank
- assistance to a large French energy company in the acquisition of privately owned gas storage and trading business in Romania
- advice to the experts of the World Bank, the State Ownership Fund, the Romanian Development Agency, and other Romanian Ministries with respect to new solutions for improving the privatization legislation
- Recognized by Chambers and Partners as a Senior Statesman in Corporate/M&A
- Ranked by Who’s Who Legal: Corporate – Mergers & Acquisition
Ion Nestor has extensive experience of cross-border transactions and restructurings, and is widely respected for his expertise in the corporate sphere.
(Chambers and Partners, 2016)
Founding partner Ion Nestor is a pioneer of Romanian corporate law, and remains universally respected for his expertise and experience in the field.
(Chambers and Partners, 2015)
Ion Nestor is “excellent in negotiations and opening discussions. He is the clear mind above all others,” says a client.
(Chambers and Partners, 2013)
- University of Bucharest Law School, Law Degree
Memberships and Affiliations
- Bucharest Bar
- International Bar Association
- Lex Mundi, Cross Border Transactions Practice Group, Member
- World Services Group, Mergers & Acquisitions – European Transactions Practice Group, Member; Privatization Practice Group, Member; Government Contracts Practice Group, Member
- SEE Legal, past chairperson for the association