Companies operating in the gaming sector found in our Gaming practice an advisor equipped to provide counseling on the sensitive issues impacting this currently in-the-making sector in Romania.
The momentum created during 2014-2015 by the major changes in the Romanian gambling legal framework has been dominated, in substance and form, by our dedicated team of gambling-regulatory, commercial and tax practitioners, who guided market players through the drafting, negotiation and implementation of the Romanian relevant legislation, a yet unexplored territory.
To do so, we have been building our expertise thanks to our constant collaboration with companies who shaped the market through their decision to invest in Romania, with associations representing the interests of the industry, as well as with noteworthy international law firms focused on betting and gaming.
Today, the welcoming of one of our team members as the exclusive member for Romania of the International Masters of Gaming Law (IMGL) is also testimonial to the positive results generated by the approach we chose to take more than 6 years ago. Our clients include:
- betting and gaming companies
- industry relevant associations
- solution/service providers for the gaming industry
Our assistance includes:
- regulatory aspects
- licensing and authorizing process
- regulatory, tax and corporate–commercial aspects related to online gambling activities
- advertising issues related to the gambling industry
- joint venture agreements in relation to organizing and exploiting gambling activities
- regulatory matters related to advertising lotteries and any other gaming / promotional activities
- privacy and AML compliance
We also act as appointed “authorized representative” in Romania for the online foreign operators.