Tax Flash No. 8/2017
Ordinance no. 25/2017 for amending and completing Law no. 227/2017 regarding the Fiscal Code was published in the Official Gazette 706/31.08.2017
The main amendments are included below.
CORPORATE INCOME TAX
- Starting 1 January 2018, expenses corresponding to the alienated receivables are deductible within the limit of 30% of their value.
- Medical subscriptions paid by the employers are not subject to social contributions within the limit of the RON equivalent of EUR 400 per year. This provision is applicable within 3 days from its publication date.
TAX ON REPRESENTATIVE OFFICES
- The annual fee on representative offices will be RON 18,000.
- The payment term is the last day of February of the tax year (being the same with the declaration term).
- These provisions apply starting 1 January 2018.
- The excise duties for petrol and diesel are increased gradually, with 0.16 RON/liter from 15 September 2017, respectively with another
0.16 RON/liter from 1 October 2017.