“Outstanding market leader with specialist expertise across all areas of contentious and advisory IP. Boasts a strong international client base, with significant experience in the pharmaceutical, IT, automotive and FMCG sectors.”
(Chambers and Partners, 2015)
Enforcements and Border Measures
Our IP team frequently helps clients combat the production, distribution, and sale of counterfeit / infringing goods. We liaise with Romanian customs authorities in our efforts to protect our clients and the Romanian market at large from international criminal traffickers in misappropriated brand identities.
We file, pursue, and enforce applications for action by the border authorities, using our domestic expertise and internationally-minded regional focus to design and recommend strategies tailored to the particular circumstances and needs of each client.
Examples of our work in enforcement and border measures include our representation of:
- a major multinational company in the motor racing industry, in relation to border seizures performed by the Romanian authorities and the enforcement of their trademark rights on the Romanian territory against infringers
- a leading EU pharmaceutical company, in lodging national applications for actions with the Romanian National Customs Authority in what regards their entire trademark portfolio protected in Romania
- one of the leading clothing retailers in Europe, in relation to border seizures in Romania and the ex-officio criminal investigations initiated by the Romanian competent authorities in this respect
- one of the leading manufacturers of spare auto parts on the Romanian and EU market, in a criminal action initiated in what regards their activity on the market pursuant to a seizure performed by the Romanian customs authorities
- one of the leading tobacco companies, in enforcing their IP rights against infringers selling similar tobacco goods and e-cigarettes via various online shops on the Romanian market