Acknowledged by peers as a leader in the field, Nestor Nestor Diculescu Kingston Petersen functions across the trademark spectrum. “They have a wealth of high-quality professionals in all areas. They are incredibly responsive and also creative.” Intellectual property is a central pillar at the full-service outfit, whose roster of heavy-hitting brand owners grows year on year.
(WTR 1000, 2015)”
Trademarks and Designs
We built our reputation as a top intellectual property practice in Romania by translating our skills and expertise into practical, time efficient and cost-effective assistance.
Today, we are entrusted with the management of large portfolios of trademarks for companies acting in vivid environments, including FMCG, technology or media and entertainment.
Our work mostly concentrates on:
- from routine pre-filing and pre-launch trademark / trade dress / design clearances to advising on re-branding projects for large multinationals. In every project, large or small, our goal is to help each client manage risks, protect their market share, and continue their growth
- providing a complete range of trademark and design filing and prosecution services. We manage hundreds of trademarks and designs for our clients. Through our worldwide network of IP professionals, we can meet our clients’ needs in almost every jurisdiction worldwide
- representing clients in trademark / design oppositions and appeals before the Romanian State Office for Inventions and Trademarks and before the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market
- helping our clients protect their brands or secure their intended use on the market through cost-effective strategies ranging from negotiating consents, coexistence agreements, letters of undertaking and trademark purchases to sending “cease and desist” letters to infringers
- recommending and assisting brand owners to implement practical, preventive measures regarding their IP rights. We support our clients with alert trademark / design / domain name monitoring and watch services in Romania and in any other jurisdictions of interest
- to identifying any filings by other entities for protection of rights similar to those of our clients
- drafting agreements for the exploitation, licensing, and transfer of rights derived from trademark and design registration, as well as providing complete services and support in the registration of the transfer of rights
- advising and assisting clients in all aspects of domain name registration and maintenance, including representation in arbitration proceedings regarding domain names, as well as assistance in domain name disputes in front of the Romanian competent courts
- integrating our expertise and experience with that of our firm’s specialized IP dispute resolution professionals
Thus, we have built a successful record in trademark, design and domain name related disputes.
Example of our day-to-day trademark, design or domain name matters engagements include our assistance to a diverse client base, such as:
- a top three company doing business on the beer and cider market in Romania
- a leading multinational tobacco company
- one of the most important media networks in Romania
- a global automotive company
- one of the most important European retail companies
- one of the leading FMCG companies acting worldwide