“Home to the country’s largest dedicated IP group, dynamic outfit Nestor Nestor Diculescu Kingston Peterson does “top-class work for top-class clients” – its lawyers “solve problems in a highly professional and effective way”.
(IAM Patent 1000, 2014)
With us, clients enjoy a balanced mix of legal and technological savvy needed to pursue their business objectives regarding patents, from their creation to marketing. We refine our advice with the technical mindset of our in-house patent-attorneys – a distinguishing feature among leading law firms in this market.
Our work includes:
- performing prior art searches and advising our clients on whether their new invention can be protected by patent or utility model
- assistance in all stages of drafting, filing and prosecuting patent applications before the Romanian State Office for Inventions and Trademarks, the European Patent Office and/or the World Intellectual Property Organization
- registration and enforcement of Supplementary Protection Certificates (SPCs) in the field of pharmacology
- high-quality and cost-effective national validations and translations for granted European patents, in the absence of a unitary patent system
- handling on behalf of our clients the payment of renewal fees for patents, utility models and supplementary protection certificates
- assistance in drawing up licensing and assignment agreements, providing full services towards the registration of the transfer of rights
- validity and infringement or freedom-to-operate opinions, mainly in the chemistry and pharmacology fields
- representation of clients in revocation proceedings before the Romanian State Office for Inventions and Trademarks
Together with the Dispute Resolution practice, we have a successful record of litigation work in annulment proceedings as well as in preliminary injunction and patent infringement proceedings before the Romanian Courts. We are equipped to assemble an integrated team formed of IP professionals and litigators who diligently asses each case assigned to us to provide comprehensive and collaborative approach to planning and litigating.
Examples of our day-to-day patent assistance include our advice to:
- several leading generics companies in Europe
- a global leader in the design and manufacture of embedded semiconductors for the automotive, consumer, industrial, and networking markets
- one of the world’s leading providers of online patent renewal payment services
- one of the most important dealers of printers and components thereof in Romania